The following will give you a guide ot how we recommend you practice Yoga:
· Stay relaxed, especially in your face
· Move slowly and smoothly from one pose to the next
· Don't over-tense your muscles
· Don't over-stretch.
· Don't over-breathe (the best breath is your own natural breath)
· Build up energy, do not deplete it.
You should leave feeling better than or at least as well as you came.
· No physical pain.
· Bend at the knees when forward bending. Spinal forward bends are much safer for the back if you bend your knees (especially if your hamstrings are tight)
· Keep the lower back long as often as possible but always in side-bends and twists.
· It is always safer to move slowly and sensitively. A good general rule is to: bend less, tense less and breathe less.
· When a leg is in front of the spine the thigh of that leg rolls out, when a leg is behind the spine the thigh of that leg turns in.
· Face the teacher as often as possible but always in the nerve tensioning and spinal movements section.
Have a look at the video on this page, perhaps you might practice with it once (or as often as you like) during the week between our classes.